Handbuilt in Northern Ireland this instrument personifies "Hand-crafted." Everything from the binding and purfling to the 5 pice neck and headstock is first class. From the minute you pickup the instrument and strum the first chord the power is undeniable. But what is truly uncanny is just how the overtones bloom and swell with the simple strike of a chord. We found a D chord with the E string dropped to D made for an unbelievable playing experience. This is of course a finger style master but we couldn't help ourselves from using a pick and allowing the arpeggios to grow and ring. The tone is intimately sweet. The power is there when you want it and the bass is amazing thanks to the Cedar and Rosewood combination.
Our relationship with the team at Lowden is a long tangled love affair and we are thrilled to be able to offer their pieces to our fantastic customers. If you haven't tried one yet please do yourself the favor and get your hands on one of these as soon as possible.
- Back and Sides: East Indian Rosewood
- Sound Board: Red Cedar
- Neck: 5 Piece Mahogany - Rosewood
- Fingerboard: Ebony with Ebony Binding
- Neck Profile: GL Standard
- Scale Length: 650mm
- Binding: Figured Mahogany
- Purflings: Sycamore-Walnut-Rosewood-Mahogany
- Rosette: Rosewood-Sycamore-Walnut-Mahogany
- Strings: Elixir Nanoweb Phosphor Bronze 12 - 53
- Tuners: GOTOH 381's Gold with Ebony Buttons
- Serial Number: 23877
- March 13 2020 Birthday