Gibson's SJ-200 Standard is part of Gibson's storied line of Super Jumbo acoustic guitars. You'll find a AAA-grade Sitka spruce top onboard for a strong voice and a flame maple back and sides for balanced tone. High-grade rosewood personally inspected and qualified by Gibson's team comprises the Gibson SJ-200 Standard's fingerboard. This durable wood's resilience makes the fretboard extremely balanced and stable; it gives each chord and note exceptional clarity and bite.
The SJ-200 Standard's two-piece maple neck boasts beautiful Graduated Crown inlays made of genuine mother-of-pearl that are inserted into the fingerboard using a special process that eliminates gaps without fillers. And all eyes will immediately be drawn to the tortoise pickguard with flower and dot decor and iconic Moustache bridge once you pick up and play. With such beautiful and bold aesthetics, the Gibson Acoustic SJ-200 makes no secret of its top-level pedigree.
LR Baggs Anthem system
Gibson Acoustic's SJ-200 Standard is loaded with a feedback-busting, natural-sounding pickup: the LR Baggs Anthem. The Anthem's hybrid undersaddle + mic design picks up your SJ-200 in a clean, clear, and dynamic way. While many guitar mics are way too prone to feedback, or just as bad — give you that annoying "boxy sound" when used alone — the LR Baggs Anthem is like having your natural acoustic sound simply "turned up," so it's full of detail, warmth, and personality. Take it from the Sweetwater crew: unplugged or direct, the Gibson Acoustic SJ-200 will make your heart sing.
Gibson SJ-200 Standard 6-string Acoustic-electric Guitar Features:
- A jumbo acoustic-electric with massive tone
- Solid Sitka spruce top and flame maple back/sides give you a wide tonal range with excellent dynamic response
- LR Baggs Anthem hybrid pickup system delivers spot-on acoustic sound when you plug in
- Rosewood fingerboard with rolled edges provides a smooth-playing experience
- Gold Grover Rotomatic tuners provide exceptional tuning stability and performance
- Beautifully inlaid fretboard, bridge, pickguard, and headstock