This piece was hand-selected and we knew the minute we saw, heard, and played her that she had to be ours! This top is gorgeous!!! The weight is great and the wood is resonant as can be. We could tell even before she was plugged in that this one would be special. The tonal capabilities of this creation are endless. The TCI process has really brought a new dimension to the Custom 24s and there is a warmth in this piece that is outstanding. The neck position really can deliver an organic and throaty tone while keeping the clarity of what the 85/15s are known for. The bridge position lets the bite and attack come out with ease and never gets shrill. Whatever magic they have done through the TCI process has truly paid off. Guitarists everywhere owe a debt to Paul Reed Smith and his "Custom"-model guitars of the 1980s. Like the Strat and Les Paul before it, the 24-fret Custom’s flawless double-cut design and effortless playability have given rise to entire generations of players and genres of music. To commemorate 35 years of these exquisite handcrafted instruments, Paul and PRS have released a 35th Anniversary edition of the guitar that helped make PRS a household name. The 35th Anniversary Custom 24 brings TCI ear-tuning and mini coil-split toggles to the past-meets-present 85/15 humbucking pickup voicing, along with a fleet of nitro-over-cellulose finish options — derived from the Private Stock lineup — to complement the carved maple tops and richly figured mahogany backs in new and exciting ways. A Pattern Thin mahogany neck with Birds-inlaid rosewood fingerboard adds speed and comfort to the classic CU24 recipe. All the while, faux-boned Phase III locking tuners, Gen III floating tremolo, and fingerboard-matching rosewood headstock veneer with inlaid Small Eagle truss rod cover add Paul's distinctive touches to this guitar.
Through and through this is a rare and gorgeous piece that truly is, a work of art.
- A commemorative Custom 24 with special finish options, pickups, and appointments
- Thin, durable nitro-over-cellulose finish derived from the Private Stock collection
- Breathtaking maple 10-Top — a PRS hallmark
- Solid mahogany back imparts massive tone and sustain
- 25"-scale Pattern Thin mahogany neck is built for speed and comfort
- 24-fret Rosewood fingerboard with Birds inlays and matching headstock veneer
- TCI-tuned 85/15 humbuckers with coil-split mini toggles deliver an impressive range of tones
- PRS Gen III vibrato bridge/tailpiece gives you reliable note bending and rocksteady tuning
- Phase III locking tuners with faux-bone buttons
- Inlaid Small Eagle truss rod cover